The Mahara portfolio application was upgraded (to version 17.10) in January 2018 bringing a number of new features and a change in how navigation works.
New feature – Smart Evidence
Smart Evidence allows you to assess portfolios based on competency frameworks, which then provides an evidence map of the competencies a student has met and those they need to work on further.
- Deleted comments can be removed from portfolio pages when no longer relevant, and no replies are linked to them.
- The page and collection features are combined into one page to make them easier to manage. This includes improvements to how pages and collections are shared.
- The page editor is simplified by collating all settings onto one page and by introducing new controls to manage page layouts.
- Portfolio pages can be printed using a simplified page view that removes the Mahara interface and shows only the page content.
- When using Mahara on a mobile device, you can now use the device camera when uploading files into your portfolio.
The navigation tabs have been moved into a 'hamburger' menu in the top-right of the Mahara interface. This gives page content more space and allows Mahara to work effectively on mobile devices.
Video showcasing new features in Mahara 17.10