‘Our languages’: exploring collaborations in Language Education
Lancaster University, 28 September 2019
About the conference:
This ‘think tank’-style conference is part of a project that explores cross-sector collaborations in language education in the UK. We invite primary and secondary teachers, academics, other language professionals and policy makers to discuss ideas to tackle the ‘language crisis’ in the UK, and explore potential cross-sector collaborations. The event will result in the publication of open-access position papers with recommendations for future developments in British language education. Download the provisional programme.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Pascale Vassie OBE, National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education
- Dr Shirley Lawes, Lecturer and Researcher in Education, UCL
- Helen Myers, Assistant Head, The Ashcombe School & Chair of Association for Language Learning London Branch
- Prof. René Koglbauer, Dean of Lifelong Learning and Professional Practice, Executive Director of North Leadership Centre, Newcastle University & UCML Schools Liaison Officer
- Janet Lloyd, Primary Languages Network
- Dr Francesca La Morgia, Assistant Professor, Trinity College Dublin & Founder of Mother Tongues Ireland
- Benjamin Kulka, The British Academy
- We will also be joined by colleagues from the 'Linguistics in MFL' project.
Attendance is free but registration is required by 16 September via this link.
Many thanks to our further sponsors: