The group was established to:
- Help enable Lancaster Environment centre as an institution and community to put sustainability into action
- Engage with the wider University on sustainability
- Act as a forum and platform for debate on sustainability issues
There are six main areas within its scope:
- Capital investment and infrastructure projects
- Energy use and consumption
Projects and Events
- How to be sustainable - launch event held on 22nd November 2017.
- No Impact Week environmental detox - group members took on the challenge of living a low impact lifestyle during autumn 2017.
- LEC 2050 Travel Week - How big is the sustainability challenge that lies ahead for travel, and what does this mean for the way we live and work? In spring 2018 the team conducted an interactive experiment to try to find out using an online calculator that can be found here.
- LEC 2050 Food Week - a week of lunchtime activities organised aimed at sparking debate and generating action on issues relating to food sustainability and our campus. These activities were open to all during the week beginning Mon 29th Oct 2018. Details of the events can be found here and you can download copies of our meat, vegetarian vegan lasagne and quiche recipe cards are available here: try the recipes and compare their sustainability scores, and send us pictures of your creations to& #LEC2050week
Contact and Connect with the Team
Engagement and ideas from undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff and colleagues are very welcome! Please contact group lead Dr Jessica Davies or any of the Steering Team below.
Everyone is welcome to join in with the LEC 2050 Week series through the Twitter hashtag #LEC2050week. (NB you don't need a Twitter account to view the content).