Access our facilities
Through collaborations with LEC’s academics, research staff and students, businesses can gain access to state-of-the-art facilities for environmental monitoring, analysis and modelling housed within the department and at our Hazelrigg field site. All our facilities are supported by teams of experienced technicians.
These facilities include:
- Glasshouse spaces.
- Controlled environment plant growth rooms.
- High-resolution mass spectroscopy for environmental chemistry.
- Sample preparation rooms.
- LiCOR infra-red gas exchange instrument.
- Noble gas instrumentation proton transfer reaction mass spectrometer (PTR-MS).
- Isotope ratio mass spectrometer (IRMS).
- Biophotonics laboratory, including a Fourier-transform infra-red (FT-IR) microscope, 2 attenuated total reflection FTIR microscopes, a Raman InVia microscope, an atomic force microscope
- Electronics workshop.
- Standard weather observations plus solar irradiance with some datasets dating back to 1976.
- Training suites equipped with computing facilities.
LEC staff and students can also provide access to facilities in other departments across campus.
For a full list of our research facilities, see our page.