Community Card Membership
Terms and conditions of membership
- All persons admitted as Community Card Members must complete a registration form and sign a declaration that they will abide by the Rules of the Library when registering in the Library. There is no charge when joining.
- Registration is normally for one year, but may be renewed in subsequent years.
- The replacement charge for a lost or damaged library card is £5.
- Alumni Borrowers may have on loan up to ten books at a time. Other Community Members may borrow up to six books at a time. All loans are subject to being recalled. Items deemed lost will incur charges.
- 3 and 24 hour loans, the interlending service and the facility to recall items from other users are not available for SCONUL and other Community Members.
- Monthly account statements and other notices such as book recalls will be sent by email to all Community Members. The University is not responsible for the non-delivery of emails to non-Lancaster University email addresses.
- Community Members are not eligible to access the Library's electronic resources that are non Open Access. Alumni may access some online resources remotely - there is more information on the Alumni page. There are some freely available research resources that can be accessed by visitors using their own device.
- Community Members are not eligible to use Library PCs, networked printers or scanners.
- Community Members can be anybody over 16 years of age who are not already members of Lancaster University Library.