Borrowing and Renewing
Your University Card
Please make sure you have your University card with you. You will need it for checking out and renewing items at the self-service points.
Lost your University card?
For staff on indefinite, fixed term, honorary or visiting contracts: You need to pay first at the online store. Click on Read More for information on the times you can collect your card.
External and Alumni borrowers
Please ask at the library information point (opening hours) or contact the library.
How many items can I have on loan?
|Category||No. of items|
|International Study Centre students||10|
How long can I have standard loan items for?
|Staff and Research Postgraduates||Undergraduates and Taught Postgraduates||External borrowers and ISC students|
|52 weeks *||10 weeks *||5 weeks *|
* All loans are currently being automatically renewed on a regular basis unless the resource is requested by another patron.
You can return your items:
- at a self-service point. Please take a receipt.
- through the letter box when the Library is closed
- by post to The Library, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YH. Please obtain proof of postage.
You can renew:
You cannot renew
- recalled items
- 24 hour and 3 hour loan items
- items that have been on loan to you for more than 52 weeks. If you still need them after this please bring them into the Library and return and check them out again.