Advice on the best way to access high quality online resources. The Library also provides additional services to ensure that you can access any resources which are not available online.
All you need to use most online Library books and journals is your University username and password.
Log in to OneSearch to have access to all our online resources from anywhere in the world.
When you have logged in you can also check your Library account and save search results to My eShelf.
You may also wish to link Google Scholar to Library collections, which will make accessing full-texts online even easier.
For more information on all this and more see our guide to OneSearch.
You can also contact your Faculty Librarian for specialised support in accessing resources for your subject.
This service has been suspended due to the COVID-19 crisis.
If you would like books posting to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be registered as a Distance Learner. If you only need a chapter or short section of a book, please look at the Digitisation section below.
- Books that are in stock may be requested for Postal Loan via OneSearch
- We will post available books to your nominated address; books which are on loan will be recalled and we will send them out as soon as they become available
- UK charges are £4.30 per book, with discounts for packaged multiples
- We may be able to post books abroad. Charges are: Up to 500g - £6.00; Up to 1kg - £10.00; Up to 2kg - £15; Above 2kg, please apply to email@example.com for costing and feasibility.
- Please see Paying fines and other charges for details of how to pay
- All emails from the Library will be sent to your Lancaster University email address
- When a book is sent to you, we will notify you of the due date. Please make sure the book is posted back within good time of the due date. A book can usually be renewed, please check our Borrowing and Renewing guide for details.
- Please note that all library items are issued subject to recall, should another borrower request them. You will be asked to return any recalled books within 11 days (14 days during the vacations) or by the due date if that is sooner. See the Requests and Recalls page for further details
- You are responsible for the costs incurred when returning books by post. Please retain your receipt from the post office as proof of postage.
Please post books to:
- You can request scans of material that is in stock. Copyright law only allows us to copy a reasonable proportion of a book or a journal issue; this is interpreted as one chapter or one journal article.
- Please download our Book and Journal Request Form
- Please note that you must type your name under the copyright declaration before the request can be processed
- Please email the form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are no charges for scans emailed to you.