Register for the Postal Loans Service and we will post library books directly to you.
If you would like to take advantage of this, please email the Library and we will organise this for you.
Books that are in stock may be requested for Postal Loan via OneSearch
- We will post available books to your nominated address; books which are on loan will be recalled and we will send them out as soon as they become available
- UK charges are £4.30 per book, with discounts for packaged multiples
- We may be able to post books abroad. Charges are: Up to 500g - £6.00; Up to 1kg - £10.00; Up to 2kg - £15; Above 2kg, please apply to email@example.com for costing and feasibility.
- Please see Paying fines and other charges for details of how to pay
- All emails from the Library will be sent to your Lancaster University email address
- When a book is sent to you, we will notify you of the due date. Please make sure the book is posted back within good time of the due date. A book can usually be renewed, please check our Borrowing and Renewing guide for details.
- Please note that all library items are issued subject to recall, should another borrower request them. You will be asked to return any recalled books within 11 days (14 days during the vacations) or by the due date if that is sooner. See the Requests and Recalls page for further details
- You are responsible for the costs incurred when returning books by post. Please retain your receipt from the post office as proof of postage.
Please post books to: