Walk-in Electronic Resource Access
Alumni and Library External Borrowers and visitors can access some electronic resources such as e-books and e-journals when they are in the Library building, during staffed service hours. Remote access is not available to non-Lancaster University current staff and students, apart from a few resources available to Lancaster University alumni.
Access to Research in public libraries
You may find Access to Research useful too. Access to Research gives free, walk-in access to over 10 million academic articles in participating public libraries across the UK, including Lancashire and Cumbria public library services. Students and independent researchers can access many of the world’s best academic papers from leading publishers who have made their journal content available for free. Please ask at your local public library or check the Access to Research website.
Booking a PC
- book a PC online
- phone 01524 592516 (during staffed service: opening hours) or
- at the information point
Booking slots are for an hour, starting on the hour. You can book up to 2 hours a day.
You can use a PC immediately (during information point opening hours) if there are no prior bookings.
You can download onto a USB pen but there is no printing facility.
Please come to the library information point during the opening hours.
You will need to complete a registration form and list the resources you wish to consult. You will need to provide proof of identity with two pieces of identification, with at least one containing your address eg driving licence.
Resources not available to Walk-in Users
Because of licence restrictions, walk-in users may not access the following resources:
- Business Insights
- Digimap Ordnance Survey
- Financial Times (FT.com)
- Financial Times Historical Archive
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Global Market Information Database
- Naxos Music Library
- Westlaw UK
- Euromonitor Passport GMID
- Henry Stewart Talks
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
- Proquest Databases
- Science Direct
You also cannot access e-books supplied by
- Ebook Central
Terms and Conditions of Use
The Lancaster University Library walk-in pcs are provided so that members of the public who are not members of the University may obtain access to the Library's electronic resources, where the licence for an electronic resource permits such access. By using this walk-in pc you are agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions below:
- Search for and view those electronic publications within the resources listed from the Library's walk-in pages
- Download single copies of articles and other electronic publications for your own personal non-commercial use
You may not:
- View any website other than those linked from the Library's walk-in web pages
- Disclose your temporary login details to any other person
- Pass a downloaded or printed article to another person
- Use this workstation for any other purpose other than access to the resources provided under this scheme
Please also see the information on Copyright and the Lancaster University Computer User Agreement.