A free, one-day conference for businesses, academics and students involved in Work-based Learning, delivered via Degree Apprenticeships, Internships or CPPD programmes.
- Peter Honey - renowned management trainer, developer with Alan Mumford of the Learning Styles Questionnaire, widely used in workplace learning;
- Lesley Giles - Director of the Work Foundation, a leading think tank engaged with the UK Government and employers on developing 'Good Work' through effective research-based interventions.
Who should attend?
- Businesses (HR, senior leadership) delivering any form of work-based learning (apprenticeships, on-the-job training, staff development programmes, executive education);
- Academics delivering work-based learning or employability development for students;
- Careers, advice and guidance specialists supporting industrial placements, internships or employability;
- Students engaged in work-based learning.
Why should I attend?
- Presentations from world-leading experts that will help you understand how to make the most of opportunities for learning in the workplace;
- Workshop activities to help develop shared understanding of work-based learning, its practice and assessment;
- Opportunity to network (sandwich lunch, coffee breaks);
- Follow-up report of workshop activities to be mailed out as resource to all participants.
Where will the event take place?
- Organised with the support of Graduate College, one of Lancaster University's nine colleges, this innovative event will take place in Graduate College Social Hub, on the Alexandra Park campus of Lancaster University. Ample parking is available (pay and display), use the postcode LA2 0PF for sat. nav.