Congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster. You will soon receive a personal invitation by email to sign up to our offer holder events.
Meanwhile, take a look at the information about your course below and please get in touch with any questions.
Offer holder events
You will receive an email inviting you to sign up for an event on one of the following dates:
- Saturday 23rd January 10am - 1:30pm
- Wednesday 24th February 4pm - 7:30pm
- Wednesday 10th March 4pm - 7:30pm
- Saturday 17th April 10am - 1:30pm
Please book your place to come along and join in – we’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Welcome to Lancaster University
- Meet your Department – join staff and current students from your Department and find out more about our philosophy courses
- Subject taster session – experience what it is like to study philosophy at university in our subject taster session
- Careers talk – discover how we can help you source opportunities to improve your employability and set you on a path to career success
- Second subject – if you have applied to a joint honours or triple degree, you will have the opportunity to attend a second subject session
- Philosophy BA Hons: V500
- Philosophy (Placement Year) BA Hons: V501
- Philosophy and Politics BA Hons: VL52
- Philosophy and Politics (Placement Year) BA Hons: VL53
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics BA Hons: L0V0
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Placement Year) BA Hons: L0V1
- History, Philosophy and Politics BA Hons: V0L0
- History, Philosophy and Politics (Placement Year) BA Hons: V0L1
- Film and Philosophy BA Hons: PV35
- Film and Philosophy (Placement Year) BA Hons: PV36
- History and Philosophy (Placement Year) BA Hons: VVC6
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA Hons: QV15
- Linguistics and Philosophy (Placement Year) BA Hons: QV16
- Mathematics and Philosophy BA Hons: GV15
- History and Philosophy BA Hons: VVC5
- German Studies and Philosophy BA Hons: RV25
- Spanish Studies and Philosophy BA Hons: RV45
- French Studies and Philosophy BA Hons: RV15
- English Literature and Philosophy BA Hons: QV35
- English Literature and Philosophy (Placement Year) BA Hons: QV34
- Politics, Religion and Values BA Hons: LV28
- Politics, Religion and Values (Placement Year) BA Hons: LV29
Download the subject guide to find out more about Lancaster University, how we teach Philosophy, and what you'll study.
Chat to a student ambassador
Contact our Student Ambassadors with any questions about student life and studying at Lancaster. No question is too basic! There are ambassadors for most degree subjects and we will be recruiting ambassadors for other subjects soon.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about your course or your application.
Don't forget you can also contact your student ambassador!
What you need to know
Studying philosophy at Lancaster has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and has allowed me to study a wide range of subjects including ethics, epistemology, the nature of the mind and many more interesting topics.
Being taught by experts within their field who have a real passion for their subjects and who encourage and guide you through your work is incredibly helpful and is a key strength of the department.
I have also been fortunate enough to do a placement year whilst completing my studies. I worked for an international charity called Hospices of Hope which promotes hospice care in south-east Europe. Philosophy has given me key analytic and evaluative skills which helped me write trusts grants, conduct research and plan marketing materials in my role with Hospices of Hope.
John Garman, BA (Hons) Philosophy (Placement Year)
Spotlight on BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Our personal lives, our societies and our political institutions are shaped by economic forces. Economic activity has a political dimension and both politics and economics raise a host of deeper philosophical questions including questions about what matters and what is fair.
Through our flexible, modular programme, you can shape your degree to fit your interests and spend time discovering what you enjoy, exploring the areas that interest you the most.Philosophy, Politics and Economics BA Hons
Download the course guide to find out more about Lancaster University, how we teach Philosophy, Politics and Economics and what you'll study as a Philosophy, Politics and Economics student.
Joint 11th in the UK for Philosophy
Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2020
Tailor your course to suit your strengths and interests