Workshops and Development Resources
Career Management Masterclasses
A series of 1.5 hour masterclasses designed to help with the practicalities of career progression - please click on the dates for more information and content.
Application Forms and CVs - 01.11.19
Interview and Selection Days - Contact OED for more information.
Mental Health awareness training for Managers
This session aims to give Line Managers information around Mental Health Awareness and what actions they can take to signpost people with mental health conditions within their own teams. Presented by Able Futures.
E-learning resources on a range of development topics, linked to the Association of University Administrators (AUA) CPD Framework. Click here for the full list of resources.
A series of briefings to help current and aspiring managers build better management skills, by providing guidance on existing policies and advising on how to implement informal and formal measures. The 1½ hour workshops will be led by an experienced HR practitioner with time build in for questions.
- How to manage attendance and sickness absence and support staff with mental health issues: 8.11.19 and 16.01.20
- “Nipping it in the bud” - how to manage conflict and when to apply the disciplinary process: 24.01.20
- How to manage performance (both good and unsatisfactory): 05.02.20
- Understanding the redeployment process and practices: 20.11.19 and 12.02.20
- Different types of employment contracts and when to use them: 03.12.19 and 19.03.20
- Using CoreHR - processes, functionality: 11.12.19 and 27.03.20
- Recognition and Reward: 12.02.20 and 02.06.20
- Recruitment: 26.02.20 and 08.06.20
- Payroll: 11.03.20 and 19.06.20
- Health and Safety - Rocket Science or Dark Art?: 04.03.20 and 15.06.20
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: 29.01.20 and 07.05.20