Tab Content: Overview
Enable people to provide the best recruitment experience and select the best person for a role, fulfilling the ambitions of Lancaster University. Drawing upon world leading research and practice from across many industries people will briefly explore many areas of recruitment and selection in an interactive and fully participative workshop. Suitable for people with varied experience of recruiting, this will challenge everyone to up their game to ensure they select ‘The Best’.
At the end of the workshop you will:
- Identify what ‘The Best’ look like, within the context of Lancaster University
- Consider the ‘Vital 5 Elements’ to recruiting and selecting ‘The Best’ person
- Explore the positive steps to take to avoid or mitigate unconscious bias
- Identify good practice around Job adverts, Job Descriptions & Person Specs
- Design challenging and appropriate methods of selection
- Identify personal learning points when interviewing using a competency based approach
- Explore ways to demonstrate excellence throughout the whole Recruitment & Selection process to attract and retain ‘The Best’
You are recommended to read the Lancaster University Recruitment & Selection Guidelines and prepare any questions this raises – there will be a short opportunity with a HR Partner within the day to help you answer these Also, please brush up on your knowledge of the Lancaster University People Strategy, Values and Behaviours
Tab Content: Who is it for?
This workshop is designed for recruiting managers and any staff sitting on recruitment panels. Panel chairs should have undertaken this course in line with the university’s guidance on recruitment panel selection. Click here for more details.
Tab Content: Dates and Registration
These workshops are full days and will run from 9:30am - 4:30pm. Please click on your preferred date below to book a place.
- Monday 30th September, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Tuesday 5th November, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Wednesday 8th January, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Monday 30th March, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Monday 20th April, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Friday 15th May, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Tuesday 19th May, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
- Monday 6th July, 9:30am-4:30pm - Book here
This new on-line resource is designed for those who have already attended the face to face workshops, it offers an opportunity to refresh your practice. Ideally this should be undertaken every three years to keep you abreast of best practice and legislative changes. Completion of the module will automatically be recorded on your CoreHR record.
For further details, please email OED