The Pentland Centre’s team are committed to education and are actively engaged in teaching across the University campus.
The team currently contributes their specialist knowledge to undergraduate and postgraduate modules that form part of LEC and LUMS degree programmes at Lancaster University. Below is a sample of the modules we are involved in (Click on the links above for further details of the LEC and LUMS degree programmes and modules).
Pentland Centre staff are often invited to participate in teaching at other institutions. Examples of this from 2018 are Dr Dmitry Yumashev's lecture The opening of the Arctic to commercial shipping for a new 'Global Arctic' MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne; and Dr Jess Davies' involvement in an interdisciplinary team-taught session at the University of Lausanne on Time and the Environment Crises (as part of the UNIL Environmental Crisis and Societal Change MA).
LEC undergraduate Part I
- LEC.101 Global Environmental Challenges (Dr Jess Davies, Dr Victoria Janes-Bassett – Contributing Lecturers)
- LEC.114 Society and space - Human Geography (Dr Patrick Bigger – Contributing Lecturer)
LEC undergraduate Part II
- LEC.210 Geographical Skills and Concepts (Dr Jess Davies - Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.224 Paris Fieldcourse- Food and Politics (Dr Patrick Bigger – Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.272 Environmental Data Visualisation and Analysis (Dr Jess Davies - Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.326 Cities and Globalization (Dr Patrick Bigger – Contributing Lecturer)
LUMS undergraduate Part II
- OWT.230 Management and the Natural Environment: Ethics and Sustainability (Dr Alison Stowell - Convenor, Dr Lingxuan Liu - Contributing Lecturer)
- OWT.232 Management and Sustainability: World Business Council for Sustainable Development Bootcamp (Dr Alison Stowell – Convenor, Dr Lingxuan Liu and Dr Jess Davies - Contributing Lecturers)
- FMBA514 Responsible Management and Ethics (Dr Alison Stowell - Contributing Lecturer)
- LEC.475 Data Analysis and Programming Skills (Dr Jess Davies - Contributing Lecturer)
- EMBA573 Business Ethics and Sustainability (Dr Alison Stowell – Contributing Lecturer)
- GHEMBA573 Business Ethics and Sustainability (Dr Alison Stowell - Convenor)