Oliver StandfordIT Engineer
Prior to joining STOR-i I worked as an IT Engineer for ISS as part of the Management School Faculty team, providing IT support to staff and students accross the south of campus. I completed my BA in Music Technology at Lancaster in 2008.
My role as IT Engineer is split between STOR-i and ISS; I work two days a week in STOR-i and three days in ISS.
My main responsibilities within STOR-i are:
- To support and maintain the computing environment within the STOR-i doctoral training centre.
- To support STOR-i students with any computing-related issues, including continued support with their laptops and troubleshooting research level programming.
- To provide training sessions for staff and students in Unix, C++ and web technologies.
My working hours are:
- Monday 09:00 - 17:30
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:30
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:30 (Working for ISS)
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00 (Working for ISS)
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (Working for ISS)
Although my role Wed-Fri is within ISS I am still contactable for STOR-i related issues on those days.