If you would like to apply for our Cyber Security Master's degree, you need to use Lancaster University's Postgraduate Applications website.
Careers and Employability
"...the cyber security profession is one of the fastest growing internationally..."
It is predicted that by 2020 there could be as much as 100,000 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the UK alone. This employees’ market place is driving premium salaries in average of £57.5k per annum for people with the right skills and knowledge
In a recent survey conducted by recruitment specialists Robert Walters, it was found that salaries for cyber security specialists will see the highest salary increases among IT professionals, at 7%. The latest statistics on cyber security roles in the UK job market can be found at ITJobsWatch.
Image taken from ITJobsWatch Nov 2019.
Individuals who have a strong cyber security knowledge base, are able to work across the business and have industrial experience are ideally placed to enter cyber security employment. Our MSc has been designed to build and foster these skills in our students to help them to forge a leading cyber security career.
Our programme opens the door to many possible careers, examples include:
- Cyber Security Consultant | Median Salary £65k [Nov 2019]
- Data Protection officer | Median Salary £46.5k [Nov 2019]
- Security analysts | Median Salary £47.5k [Nov 2019]
- Security Engineers | Median Salary £55k [Nov 2019]>)
- Security Managers | Median Salary £67.5k [Nov 2019]
- Security architects | Median Salary £80k [Nov 2019]
- Security tester and penetration tester | Median Salary £65k [Nov 2019]
As a student at Lancaster, you will gain access to our excellent careers service, offering lifetime support, help and friendly advice. We offer lifetime support, help and advice to all our students. This includes one-to-one support and advice on work experience, employability skills and careers. For more information please see our Careers Service Page.