The Programme in Detail
Our training programme spans four years, consisting of a foundation year resulting in the award of a Masters of Research (MRes), followed by a three year period of study leading to a PhD. Successful students will complete the programme with two qualifications; an MRes and PhD.
MRes (Year One)
During your first year you will undertake a Masters of Research in which collaborative and co-operative work will play an important part.
The MRes will provide you with:
- the skills and methods required to conduct research within academia and industry, including basic research skills related to computing and presentation;
- guidance towards the right PhD project for you, including exploration of important PhD areas and experience of working with a range of possible supervisors;
- a grounding in STOR's mathematical core;
- experience of modelling and problem solving for scientific and industrial applications;
- an overview of thriving research areas within STOR methodology and applications;
- an opportunity to develop a formal research proposal for your PhD.