Strategic Academic Partnerships
As a key part of STOR-i internationalisation we have developed major strategic academic partnerships with the
Big Insight (Oslo, Norway), Naval Postgraduate School (Monterey, US), Northwestern University (Evanston, US) and University of Washington (Seattle, US). These key cross-disciplinary centres have been selected for their international research reputations and for the degree of alignment of their agendas with that of STOR-i’s.
Nature of the academic partnerships
The nature of each of these academic partnerships is to
- foster longer-term collaborative research opportunities between the groups;
- enable researchers in each organisation to spend extended visits with one another leading to a range of new collaborations between staff directly;
- provide opportunities for students at the different centres to visit and work with each other;
- facilitate academics from Naval Postgraduate School and Statistics for Innovation to actively co-supervise STOR-i students, and vice versa; and
- collaborate on the design and delivery of joint workshops and training events.