How to pay
When, where and how to pay your tuition fees
Students starting in October:
- In full by the first day of term 1 (October)
- In 2 equal instalments due on the first day of term 1 (October) and the first day of term 2 (January)
Students with non-standard start dates:
- Within 15 days of the invoice date
- In 2 equal instalments which can be viewed from the Payment Portal facility, as soon as an invoice has been issued
Payments can be made as follows:
- Online by debit or credit card via the Payment Portal.
If you do not have an invoice you can pay in advance by selecting ‘Add Other Payments’.
- Bank Transfer:
Bank Name: Barclays Bank
Account Name: Lancaster University
Account No: 40981516
Sort Code: 20-55-34
IBAN: GB 74 BARC 2055 3440 9815 16
BIC/Swift: BARC GB 22
Bank Address: Barclays Business Centre, Manchester City Office, PO Box 357, 51 Mosley Street, Manchester, M60 2AU
Please quote student/applicant ID and invoice number (if known) as your Reference
- International Bank Transfer/Payment via Western Union
Lancaster University has partnered with Western Union to allow students, their families or their sponsors the opportunity to securely pay tuition and/or accommodation fees in their local currency.
To obtain a quote and payment instructions please go to the University’s Payment Portal and select International & Other Payment Methods.
- Over the Phone
Card payments can be taken by calling the Cashiers Office on +44 1524 593316 or 592048
- Bankers Drafts or Cheques
Payable to Lancaster University should be sent to the Cashiers Office, A Floor, University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YW, United Kingdom.
Please quote student/applicant ID and invoice number (if known) with all payments
Students can also view their online fees statement, which will show any issued tuition fee invoices and payments, via the Student Portal.