EU/EEA nationals do not usually need a visa to study in the EU. Non EU/EEA students may need to apply for a student visa if they are studying in Europe.

If you are studying outside Europe, you will need to apply for the appropriate Student Visa for your host country.

As part of your application to study abroad, you will be asked to show that your passport is valid for at least six months after you return from studying abroad. If it is not, you will need to renew your passport as soon as possible.

You will receive more detailed information about how to apply for a visa and medical insurance requirements for your host country in May.

Please note that immigration regulations may change so please check the appropriate embassy website for up-to-date information. Visas can take up to six weeks to be issued and you must allow sufficient time for this.