Submit a 90-second video pitch to win up to £1,000 to make your idea happen!
Do you have a bright idea which you think will capture the imagination and support of your peers? Then this may be just the opportunity for you…
As you will have probably heard by now, we are busy planning for the re-launch of the Lancaster University Enterprise Awards this December. The Bright Sparks, People’s Choice award is looking for individuals or teams of students, recent alumni (past 3 years) or staff with an idea for a new venture. The proposal may be for an idea that is still as concept stage, or it may already have been registered as a formal trading entity, as long as it is still in the survival stage and has not yet achieved financial sustainability.
The Bright Sparks Award is unique from the other award categories – as not only are we asking for video pitch nominations, but also because the actual winner of the award will be determined on the night of the awards through an audience poll! The winner will receive access to support and up to £1,000 funding from The Enterprise Team through Santander Funding to help make the idea happen.
Think you’ve got a great idea which fits the bill?
To nominate an idea, send a link to your 90 second video-pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is expected that your video pitch will cover the following:
- A brief statement of opportunity (pain points for users)
- A description of the solution you put forward
- Is the solution desirable? (Consider competitors and alternative solutions)
- Is the solution viable? (How will it be financially sustainable)
- Is the solution feasible? (Do you have the skills and resources necessary, and if not what skills/resources would you need and how would you acquire them?)
- How would the award help you kick-start your idea?
Deadline for submissions: Sunday the 19th of November.
Please email The Enterprise Team if you have any questions.