Are you preparing to move into graduate employment and want to make sure you can stand our from the crowd? Do you like cake?
Commercial Awareness is increasingly cited by graduate employers as an essential competency when seeking new employees. Commercial Awareness for Knowledge Exchange (CAKE) is a short workshop that will accelerate your understanding of how their businesses work and give you the insights to show how you can make a difference as their latest recruit.
By the end of this session you will:
- Understand why Commercial Awareness is so important to graduate employers
- Understand what a Business or Value Model is and how you can apply it to your job seeking activities
- Have practised analysing the Business Model of a popular graduate employer or on-campus company
- Have practised analysing the Business Model of an employer that you are interested in
- Have enjoyed eating some cake.
The session will be led by Lyndsey Egerton, Student Opportunities & Skills Developer, from the University’s Careers service. She will draw on the Business Model Canvas as a framework for designing, analysing and describing Business Models for organisations of all sizes, in all industries and sectors. If you are preparing generally for employment, or have a particular employer you are hoping to impress, the insights gained in this session could help you to stand out from other candidates.
If you are not graduating this time but would like to attend to develop your Commercial Awareness, please register as normal.
When? Thursday 7th June, 1:30-3:30pm
Where? Bowland North Seminar Room 23