Ever wondered what your skills might be worth?
Whether you’re an aspiring creative practitioner, management consultant or digital development wizard, there’s a strong chance that you could be trading your skills for hard cash, supplementing your weekly income, making yourself more attractive to employers or even laying the foundations for an alternative career path.
This one-day workshop will help you to understand:
- What is a Freelancer (and whether you’re already doing it!)
- The potential benefits for you
- How quick and easy it is to get started
- How to avoid early pitfalls and learn from those who are already doing it
It will be a highly interactive day including input from expert guests, creative groupwork, video case studies, freelancers Q&A, start-up simulator and much more. And if you can’t wait to get started, we can help you to get registered on the day and walk out a bona fide independent freelancer!
The event is open to students, staff and graduate from the EU, from any faculty, in any year of study. Your freelance practice doesn’t need to relate to your study programme, it could just be a passion, hobby or skill that you’d like to take to the next level.
- Tuesday, 17th June
- Jack Hylton Room (inside Peter Scott Gallery foyer), nr the Great Hall
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Registration via TARGETconnect
Participation counts toward your Lancaster Award accreditation.
More details to follow. All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: http://www.slideshare.net/al_the_x/anatomy-of-a-freelancer