Fill in our feedback survey for a chance to win a £15 Amazon Voucher!
With the final Lab sessions for the academic year behind us we are now keen to gather feedback on your experiences of the Ideas and StartupLabs which have run this academic year. A simple, short survey has been composed to help us do this. The survey should take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete! We would really appreciate your help with this as any feedback will be vital to helping us to shape our future offering.
If you complete the survey and are happy to provide your name and email address, you will be entered into a prize draw to win a £15 Amazon Voucher. Terms and Conditions of the prize draw are outlined below:
Terms and Conditions for Feedback Survey Prize Draw
The Prize and Draw
- The prize will be a £15 Amazon Voucher in the form of a gift card purchased from Amazon.co.uk. This gift card is bound by its own Terms & Conditions which you can access here. We will not give a cash equivalent.
- Entries will close at midnight on the 14/08/17 and a winner will be drawn on the 15/08/17. The closing date is however subject to change. Notification through our website and social media will be provided if the date is changed. (27/07/17 – The date for completion has been extended from 27/07/17 to the 14/08/17, T&Cs have been updated with the new date)
- All entries will be entered into a spreadsheet and allocated a number. A random number generator will be used to select the winner.
- Our decision will be final. The winner will be notified by email as early as possible following the draw on the 15/08/17.
- If the winner does not respond within 7 days of the notification email, a new winner will be drawn and the same steps will be followed until the prize is claimed.
- The Enterprise Team reserve the right to stipulate further limitations in the selection of this gift card in order to facilitate a decision.
For entry into the draw you must:
- Have completed the survey to a substantial level which will be of help to The Enterprise Team. The standard of entries will be determined by members of the The Enterprise Team.
- Have completed the survey by midnight on the 14/08/17
- Have attended a IdeasLab or StartupLab at Lancaster University over the 2016-17 academic year, The Enterprise Team will verify each entry against records.
- Participants are limited to one entry per person.
- Must provide your name and email address, meaning that the completion of this survey will not be anonymous.
Opportunity to win £10,000 from a 60 second pitch!
The Varsity Pitch Competition is on the hunt for the best student and graduate businesses. The competition takes place in three stages including an online People’s Vote with Lloyds Banking Group, a bootcamp with an impressive lineup of mentors and a grand final.
Not only is this an opportunity to win a prize of £10,000 and other priceless opportunities, it is also the perfect chance to get your business or idea noticed by some of the biggest companies in the UK.
The competition is open to any current students at a UK university or college, or anyone who has graduated in the UK after 2011.
Apply here with a 60 second video pitch by 12pm (midday) on the 16th of September.
To find out more, including a timeline of events and details of the different categories click here.
So Now Is Your Chance To Vote!
The 60 Second Pitch Awards gave you and your business (or idea) the chance to win up to £1,500 as well as support and advice from Santander.
It is with great pleasure that I can now announce the 10 finalists for the first round of the Santander Universities 60 Second Pitch Awards. These 10 finalists are:
- Recall – University of Brighton
- Treatment Clothing – Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Choosic – London Southbank University
- Story – University of Brighton
- Farmz2U – Queen Mary University
- Take Me There – SOAS
- Pingster – Ulster University
- Industrify – University College London
- Mamba – University of Strathclyde
- Classic Corporate – London School of Economics
All of the finalists videos are now live and available for you to vote for your favourite via the link below. Please also feel free to share the link via your own networks as the number of votes received will ultimately determine the winning entries
The voting phase of the competition ends on the 31st January after which the winners will be announced.
Sunday, 9th February 2014, 1pm – 5pm, Pendle Rooms (Pendle Bar)
Want to win the title and trophy for being the most enterprising college while developing some job winning skills and learn some of the fundamentals of business?
Want to represent Lancaster at a national competition that will look great on your CV?
Then, pick a team and book your place now on TARGETConnect!
Battle of the Colleges is an inter-college pitching competition open to everyone who wants to meet new people, support their college and gain valuable employability skills, such as team work, presentation skills, self-confidence, commercial awareness, and self-motivation. Last year many students came dressed to impress!
“Flux was challenging, stressful and tiring: however, it was the most amazing and fun experience that I would DEFINITELY do again!”.
What will you compete on? You will have 90 minutes to work on a business idea with your team and deliver a pitch to a panel of business minded staff, alumni and local entrepreneurs!
Free lunch is provided and you will have amazing networking opportunities.
But, it doesn’t stop there!
Other than being awarded as the most enterprising college for your college, the winning team will then represent Lancaster University at the National FLUX competition on 1st and 2nd April 2014 with the chance to WIN £500 CASH. FLUX is the largest national competition for the UK’s hottest young business brains.
The competition has seen over 30,000 students take part from over 100 universities. You will meet top-class recruiters and definitely enhance your CV!
Get your team and book you place on TARGETConnect now!
You know your college is best, now prove it!
Download flyer here: BATTLE OF COLLEGES – A4 poster