Helen WildingPhD student
Inspired by the health promotion movement's emphasis on healthy public policy and health in all policies, I am interested in how the day to day work of policy practitioners in local government can impact on both the content and process of policy. I am also interested in whether practices can be changed through practice development and action research approaches.
2013 - 2015 'Taught' phase of PhD by Blended Learning which included modules on:
- Public Health: Policy, Theory and Practice
- Philosophy of Research
- Theory and methods: choices for health research
- Systematic approaches to literature reviews and evidence synthesis
- Data Analysis (including both qualitative and quantitative)
- Principles of Research design and practical research ethics
I work in an English local authority whilst studying part-time
I blog in a personal capacity at http://helen.wilding.name/
Follow me on Twitter @hw29x
Helping carers: a matter of quality
Wilding, H. 02/2003 In: Practice Development in Health Care. 2, 1, p. 48-52. 5 p.
Going home from hospital: an appreciative inquiry study
Reed, J., Pearson, P., Douglas, B., Swinburne, S., Wilding, H. 29/01/2002 In: Health and Social Care in the Community. 10, 1, p. 36-45. 10 p.