Catch them all with a Lancaster version of Pokémon Go, find out what’s really in your food, get up close with some creepy crawlies or discover what your smartphone says about you.
Lancaster University is preparing to open its doors on Saturday 6 May for a ‘Community Day’ on campus.
Through an action-packed programme of almost 100 imaginative and innovative activities, running from 11am until late, the University is keen to provide an insight into life on campus for everyone.
The free event, geared at all ages and all members of the regional community, will showcase some of the University’s world-class teaching and research, feature activities from student groups and provide a glimpse of the excellent facilities and nightlife on site.
Community Day organiser Joe Buglass said: “This gives us an opportunity to welcome the public onto campus and give them a deeper insight into what we do on a daily basis and how our research can help us understand the world around us. We have always been hugely proud of our roots in Lancaster and want Lancaster to be proud of its university”.
Amongst the dozens of activities taking place on the day, visitors will be able to:
- Go on a (Bonington) Bear Hunt – an interactive trail for pre-school children, with a surprise at the end!
- Perform ‘operations’ with the team from the Medical School
- Visit the Lake District without leaving campus using our Minecraft version of the area
- Watch a live production of “Legally Blonde: The Musical”, produced by the Lancaster University Theatre Group
- Try out an 8.5m climbing wall
- Take a walk through the woods on our Woodland Trail or test yourself on our Trim Trail
- Enjoy a range of campus tours, talks, performances, hands-on activities and more!
“The day genuinely provides something for everyone,” added Joe. “We have a host of exciting events, from short talks on hot topics like Brexit and the future of health services, to student performances and exciting showcases of the latest research in technology and computing.”
“And there’s plenty for our young visitors too including a teddy bears’ picnic, demonstrations of 3D printing, and the chance to try out our Virtual Reality fairground rides.”
You can simply drop in on the day – no booking necessary.
If you are interested in receiving more details about this free event, please email us at email@example.com and we will provide further details over the coming weeks.