Matthew FellowesResearcher, Associate Lecturer
Philosophy of Psychiatry
- Role of observation and theory in psychiatric classification
- Realism and truth in psychiatric classification
- Conceptual flexibility of psychiatric classifications
History of Autism
- Historical evolution of notions of autism
- Alternative notions such as childhood schizophrenia
- Psychoanalytical notions of autism
Does autism merit belief?: Developing an account of scientific realism for psychiatry
Fellowes, S. 2017 Lancaster University. 279 p.
Putting the present in the history of autism
Fellowes, S. 28/12/2016 In: Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences. 61, p. 54-58. 5 p.
A reappraisal of Kendell and Jablensky's account of validity
Fellowes, S. 08/2016 In: Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 22, 4, p. 522-529. 8 p.
Making sense of explanations of mental disorder
01/10/2010 → 31/12/2015