Study for an internationally-recognised Lancaster University postgraduate qualification, wherever you are.
Lancaster's online and distance learning postgraduate courses are aimed at those wishing to enhance their careers by learning flexibly – from home, work, or wherever and whenever is convenient.
There's no need to relocate to Lancaster or take a career break – you can gain relevant knowledge and skills by studying alongside your ongoing professional and personal commitments.
Please note that some of these courses require campus attendance – please enquire.
- MA Creative Writing (Distance Learning)
- PhD Creative Writing - The Lancaster distance learning creative writing degrees have rapidly evolved into an international programme, linking students in the UK and overseas through virtual learning. The MA programme is mediated almost entirely by online tutorials and conferences, with a live Summer School at its mid-point.
- PhD in E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning
- PhD in Education and Social Justice
- PhD in Educational Research - Higher Education
- PhD in Higher Education: Research, Evaluation and Enhancement
- MA in English Language (By Distance)
- MA in Language Testing (By Distance)
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- PhD in Mental Health
- PhD in Palliative Care
- PhD in Public Health
- PhD in Organisational Health and Well-Being
The following CETAD-administered courses are blended learning programmes requiring some attendance at the the University, rather than being available solely by distance learning.
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Leadership
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Education
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MA/MSc in Professional Practice
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (Health Care)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Bioscience and Business Management
- MSc in Leadership Practice and Responsibility (Management School)
- MA/LLM Diplomacy and International Law (Distance Learning)
- MA Diplomacy and International Relations (Distance Learning)
- MA Quakerism in the Modern World
- Postgraduate Certificate in Quaker Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Religious Studies
Research Training for Lancaster students registered on distance learning degree schemes
- Students registered on Lancaster University distance learning degree schemes may also choose to take research training modules run by the FASS Graduate School