Study for an internationally-recognised Lancaster University postgraduate qualification, wherever you are.
Lancaster's online and distance learning postgraduate courses are aimed at those wishing to enhance their careers by learning flexibly – from home, work, or wherever and whenever is convenient.
There's no need to relocate to Lancaster or take a career break – you can gain relevant knowledge and skills by studying alongside your ongoing professional and personal commitments.
Distance Learning in Arts and Social Science
- MA in English Language (By Distance)
- MA in Language Testing (By Distance)
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (web-based learning)
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Hong Kong) – taught face-to-face in Hong Kong by lecturers from Lancaster.
- PhD in Educational Research – four residentials each year.
- PhD in Technology Enhanced Learning – one residential in the first year and one in the second year.
- PhD in Education and Social Justice – entirely online.
- PhD in Higher Education Research, Evaluation and Enhancement – entirely online.
- MA/LLM Diplomacy and International Law (Distance Learning)
- MA Diplomacy and international relations (Distance Learning)
- MA Quakerism in the Modern World (Distance Learning)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Quaker Studies (Distance Learning)
English and Creative Writing
- Some research training modules are also available online via the FASS Graduate School
Distance Learning in Health and Medicine
- PhD in Mental Health
- PhD in Palliative Care
- PhD in Public Health
- PhD in Organisational Health and Well-Being
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (Health Care)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Organisational Change
- Postgraduate Certificate in Organisational Change (Health Care)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Leadership
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MSc in Medical Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MA/MSc in Professional Practice