Study Start is a 2-week induction course designed to help international students get the best possible start for their degree at Lancaster University
18 September – 29 September 2017
Starting a university degree, especially if you are moving far from home, can seem a frightening prospect. Often students come with many questions, for example:
- How will I get used to my new university?
- Where is the library and how does it work?
- What kinds of classes will I have, and will they be similar to those in my previous studies?
- What conventions do I need to follow when writing essays, reports or dissertations?
- How can I avoid plagiarism?
- What is the best way to organise my time so I can get everything done?
- How can I get good marks on my assignments and exams?
Study Start will not only help you find the answers to these questions: it aims to help you become an independent and confident student. You will learn how to get the most out of being at a world-renowned university.
Download the Study Start Factsheet PDF