Dr Eman GadallaLecturer
My principal research interests lie in the fields of E-tailing, and Consumer Behaviour. I am broadly interested in understanding how different technologies affect our life. In particular, my research explores the idea of enhancing customer experience through technology with a specific focus on novel and fast growing contexts such as 3D Virtual Worlds.
Areas of interest include:
- Metaverse/3D-Virtual Retailing.
- Online retailing in emerging markets.
- Virtual Consumption.
- Compensatory Consumption.
- Hedonic/Experiential Consumption.
- MKTG100: Math and Stats Basics
- MKTG227: Marketing Management Essentials
- MKTG233: Digital Marketing
- MKTG310: Marketing Research and Consultancy Project
- MKTG311: Undergraduate dissertation supervision
- MKTG317: Brand Strategy
PhD Supervision Interests
I look forward to supervising students interested in the following topics: - Online/ virtual customer experience. - The role of emotions in virtual worlds. - Innovative applications within virtual worlds. - Young consumers within emerging markets (e.g. e-tailing and the role of social media in emerging markets particularly in the Middle East region). - Virtual consumption practices.
Second Life as a research environment: avatar-based focus groups (AFG)
Gadalla, E.T., Abosag, I., Keeling, K. 8/01/2016 In: Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal. 19, 1, p. 101-114. 14 p.
Metaverse retail-service quality: a future framework for retail service quality in the 3D internet
Gadalla, E., Keeling, K., Abosag, I. 2013 In: Journal of Marketing Management. 29, 13-14, p. 1493-1517. 25 p.