Lancaster retained the 'Best University Halls' award in the National Student Housing Survey 2013 for the fourth consecutive year, and we are one of just eight accommodation providers to achieve the International Accommodation Quality Mark, awarded where satisfaction among students is 90 percent or higher.
Our accommodation proudly features:
- on-campus accommodation for around 6,500 students
- a collegiate set up that makes it easy to settle in
- great value for money, with rooms from £86 per week
- a safety score of 97 percent
The benefits of living on campus
In total we manage on-campus accommodation for around 6,500 students. Most new undergraduates choose to live on campus in their first year and find the collegiate set up the perfect way to make new friends.
We have won many awards for our accommodation and service. As well as retaining the prestigious title of ‘Best University Halls’ for the fourth year running in the National Student Housing Survey 2013, Lancaster far exceeded the national average in:
- value for money (66% compared to 50% nationally)
- neighbourhood safety (98% compared to 78% nationally)
- relationship with landlord (83% compared to 54% nationally).
And we also exceeded expectations in communications, recycling facilities, noise levels and local amenities.
The THE Student Experience Survey 2013 ranked our accommodation joint second in the UK.
Each College has its own Residence Officer which means your accommodation is managed locally by a friendly face you know and can approach with any queries or issues you may have.
Guaranteed for you
We guarantee a room on campus for your first year, if you firmly accept our offer as your first choice before 15 August. To benefit from our guarantee, please submit your accommodation application form by the specified date.
Managing your budget
Single study bedroom rents range from just over £86 per week to around £146. But whatever type of accommodation you choose, it’s good to know your rent includes:
- heating, lighting, electricity
- 24-hour security presence during term time
- high speed Internet access and WiFi
- insurance for your possessions*
Choosing to live off campus
If you choose to live off-campus our Students' Union can advise you on your private rented accommodation options.
Voted 'Best University Halls' for the fourth year running