What Will You Study
Chemical contamination is a worldwide problem and represents a significant threat to the environment, to the functioning of ecosystems, and to human health. This Masters scheme covers risk assessment and remediation and is supported by a cutting-edge research base.
The scheme links with key agencies involved in studying and controlling this threat. Case studies are used extensively to illustrate the application of the taught material and specifically include detailed investigations into the risk assessment and remediation of contaminated land sites.
You will gain the scientific, analytical and communication skills required to prepare you for a career in remediation work with local authority and industry, with the Environment Agency, or in consultancy.
- Behaviour of Pollutants in the Environment
- Dissertation Project
- Chemical Risk Assessment
- Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Pollution Microbiology
Two optional modules from the following (subject to change)
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Data Analysis and Programming Skills
- Data Assimilation and Integration
- Environmental Applications of Isotope Geochemistry
- Environmental Radioactivity
- Environmental Sampling and Analysis for Trace Organics
- Environmental Toxicology
- Numerical Skills
- Safety and Environmental Impact Assessment: an Industrial Perspective