What Will You Study
Collaboratively delivered via the Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion (PPR) and the Law School, this programme has three core modules, which examine different aspects of diplomacy, foreign policy, and international law, providing a strong introduction to the field.
Teaching draws upon distinguished practitioners with experience in the field and may include student trips to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London, European Union organisations in Brussels and international organisations in Geneva.
- International Law
- Issues and Practice in Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- Theory and Concepts in Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
(Subject to change; choose two)
Option choices determine award of LLB or MA degree.
- Environmental Law
- European Union Law
- European and International Competition Law
- Gender Sexualities and Human Rights
- Independent Research Module
- International Business Law and Institutions
- International Criminal Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Family Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Terrorism and the Law
- Law and Global Health
- Law of International Organisations and Institutions
- Rights of Peoples
- The Right to Adequate Food as a Human Right
- Transitional Justice
Please see PPR Politics section for related options.