What Will You Study
This is one of our most popular postgraduate schemes.
At the heart of its success is flexibility of choice from a wide range of modules that meet the needs or interests of any student of ecological or conservation sciences. This vocational degree offers you the chance to blend ecological and environmental science topics with those from areas such as social science, geography, and statistics.
The PgCert provides an opportunity for postgraduate learning and professional development for those who are unable to commit to a full MSc programme. The award requires the successful completion of four 15 credit modules, selected from the modules available on the MSc course.
The course also develops transferable skills appropriate to a career in research, consultancy or industry.
Four optional modules from the following (subject to change)
- Air Quality and Climate
- Biological Effects of Air Pollution and Climate Change
- Chemical Risk Assessment
- Conservation and Sustainable Development in the Brazilian Amazon
- Conservation Biology
- Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Crop Protection
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Data Assimilation and Integration
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Sampling and Analysis for Trace Organics
- Environmental Toxicology
- Food Security, Agriculture and Climate Change
- Habitat Management
- Lake Ecology
- Modelling Environmental Processes
- Pollution Microbiology
- Sustainable Soil Management
- Using the NVC
- Wildlife Monitoring Techniques
- Wildlife Population Ecology