What Will You Study
This scheme combines modules in hydrology, water quality and ecology with a research project tailored towards developing skills relevant to a career in the water sector, either in the UK or mainland Europe.
You will be taught by world experts in the field, including staff from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (within the Lancaster Environment Centre) and industry leader JBA Consulting.
Your specialised project will benefit from our strong research links with organisations such as Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, United Utilities, JBA Consulting, the Environment Agency, Defra and the UK Government Research Councils. Some projects involve placements within the organisations.
The PgCert provides an opportunity for postgraduate learning and professional development for those who are unable to commit to a full MSc programme. The award requires the successful completion of four 15 credit modules, selected from the modules available on the MSc course.
Choose four from:
- Behaviour of Pollutants in the Environment
- Catchment Protection (field course)
- Conservation Biology
- Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Data Assimilation and Integration
- Environmental Applications of Isotope Geochemistry
- Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Sampling and Analysis for Trace Organics
- Flood Forecasting and Flood Risk Management
- Food Security, Agriculture and Climate Change
- Geological Hazards
- Groundwater Resources and Protection
- Habitat Management
- International Environmental Law
- Lake Ecology
- Modelling Environmental Processes
- One of six modules on river, floodplain and coastal risk management taught by JBA Consulting
- Perspectives on Environment and Development
- Pollution Microbiology
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Soil Management