Lancaster's programmes in second language learning, testing and teaching are world renowned for excellence and the MA TEFL programme is a perfect introduction for newcomers to the teaching of English as a foreign language, offering a strong practical orientation.
Lancaster's graduates hold professional teaching positions around the world, and some pursue doctoral studies and a university teaching position. Support for your studies is provided by the non-credit Postgraduate Academic Study Skills module, which runs in terms 1, 2 and 3. The programme is modular.
- Classroom Language Assessment
- Introduction to Language Teaching 1
- Introduction to Language Teaching 2
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language
- Curriculum Design in Language Education
- Instructed Second Language Acquisition
- Pedagogical Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Task based Language Teaching
- Teacher Development in Language Education
- Free choice modules from those offered by the Department