What Will You Study
This programme is designed to coherently cover a broad range of areas, offering experienced practitioners preparation for more responsible positions in language teaching and testing, teacher training, ELT curriculum and materials development, and further research. Many students are now in leading language teaching and policy positions across the world. Support for your studies is provided by the non-credit Postgraduate Academic Study Skills module, which runs in terms 1, 2 and 3.
- Language Test Construction and Evaluation
- Second Language Acquisition
- Trends and Issues in Language Teaching Methodology
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language
Restricted choice modules
- Task-based Language Teaching
or two from the following:
- Teaching Languages to Students with Specific Learning Differences
- Using Corpora in Language Teaching
- Content Based Instruction
- Pedagogical Grammar
Free choice modules
20 credits from any other postgraduate modules, including those listed above as restricted choice modules.