Scholarships & Bursaries
To help with study and living costs, Lancaster University offers postgraduates a range of scholarship, studentships and bursaries.
Postgraduate Scholarships available
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Master’s programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University, achieved at any time, including one delivered through an associated institution, or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions with a Lancaster University degree (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; or Goenka Institution India) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all our Alumni, regardless of their nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the course entry requirements
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
We offer a range of scholarships awarded directly through our faculties and departments. The majority of these scholarships offer support towards fees, although some may also contribute towards living costs.
Competition for these scholarships is mainly based around academic performance and the number of scholarships and studentships offered varies from year to year. Follow the links below for further information:
Funded PhD Opportunities
Lancaster University is pleased to offer a number of studentships for PhD students. These awards will ensure that outstanding candidates have access to Lancaster's high-quality research training and facilities, and experienced research-active supervisors.
At Lancaster, postgraduate research funding is available across our four faculties. Follow the links below for further information:
We also offer a range of generous studentships through our Doctoral Training Centres.
Lancaster University / Chevening Masters Scholarships for students from China, Ghana, Vietnam and Malaysia for 2017 entry
Lancaster University is delighted to announce that from the academic year 2017/18, we are offering five full scholarships for Masters study in partnership with Chevening. These scholarships are offered to successful candidates applying to Masters programmes that align to Chevening's priority areas within the applicants' home countries.