Scholarships & Bursaries
To help with study and living costs, Lancaster University offers postgraduates a range of scholarship, studentships and bursaries.
Postgraduate Scholarships available for 2015/16 Entry
Lancaster University is pleased to announce 2 new scholarships for students starting a taught Master’s degree at Lancaster from October 2015.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Master’s programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions with a Lancaster University degree (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; Goenka Institution India; or COMSATS Pakistan) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all our Alumni, regardless of their nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship, you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the course entry requirements
Lancaster Master’s Scholarship
Lancaster University is offering over 100 scholarships worth £10,000 each as part of a government initiative to offer additional support for students wishing to progress to Master’s level study. The Scheme is open to UK/EU students who began their studies after 1st September 2012.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme you must meet one of the criteria below. In order to apply, you must have received an offer for one of our Postgraduate Taught Masters courses, following this you can apply for a scholarship and we will determine whether you meet the criteria.
- Have a low family household income
- Have been entitled to the highest rate Higher Education Maintenance Grant in your final year of undergraduate study
- Have been eligible for the Disabled Students Allowance
- Were a Care Leaver
- Have your family home in a certain postcode range
More information will be made available about this scheme shortly, so please keep checking this webpage for updated information.
We offer a range of scholarships awarded directly through our faculties and departments. The majority of these scholarships offer support towards fees, although some may also contribute towards living costs.
Competition for these scholarships is mainly based around academic performance and the number of scholarships and studentships offered varies from year to year. Follow the links below for further information:
Funded PhD Opportunities
Lancaster University is pleased to offer a number of studentships for PhD students. These awards will ensure that outstanding candidates have access to Lancaster's high-quality research training and facilities, and experienced research-active supervisors.
At Lancaster, postgraduate research funding is available across our four faculties. Follow the links below for further information:
We also offer a range of generous studentships through our Doctoral Training Centres.