Besides core modules in Cell Biology, the degree gives you a solid background in related fields, such as genetics, microbiology, immunology and biochemistry. Later on, you can choose modules, techniques courses and projects in specialised areas of Cell Biology to suit your own interests.
The first year of your degree involves some compulsory modules designed to ensure a good general overview of modern day cell biology subjects. These modules include Cell Structure and Function, Genetics, and Molecules of Life. In addition, you can choose a further five modules from any of the bioscience subjects on offer or even from one of a number of different departments in the University.
In your second year, you will focus on a range of compulsory modules including Biochemistry and DNA Technology as well as some more practically oriented modules designed to develop the laboratory skills and knowledge required by Biologists today.
The flexibility of the final year enables you to tailor your degree to your own interests. You'll be able to select from a diverse range of modules including Cell Signalling, Cancer, Immunology, and Medical Genetics. You'll also benefit from the diverse range of internationally renowned Cell Biology research experience amongst our academic staff members when you conduct your own laboratory-based project.
- Biological Sciences : MSci Hons
- Pre-medical Studies : Certificate of Higher Education
- Biomedical Science : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biology with Psychology : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : MSci Hons
- Biochemistry with Genetics : BSc Hons