Our Bachelor of Business Administration degrees are four-year integrated programmes, where you spend two years in Lancaster and two overseas. You will emerge from your degree equipped with sound professional and technical knowledge of management disciplines combined with practical managerial skills and experience. You will also have an informed insight into the culture and customs of other countries, as well as fluency in at least one other European language.
You start your degree at Lancaster, studying subjects such as Introduction to Management; Introduction to Financial Accounting for Managers; and Introduction to Operations Management.
In your second year, you'll follow modules including Introduction to Finance; Management Accounting for Business Decisions, and Management and Consulting: Practice and Technique. In both years you must also choose an appropriate language course within the Department of European Languages and Cultures. Over the course of the first two years, we encourage all students to undertake an approved work placement of approximately ten weeks during the summer vacation.
You spend your third and final years abroad. You will study at one of our leading partner universities: CESEM in Reims, France; ESB in Reutlingen, Germany; UCSC in Piacenza, Italy; ICADE in Madrid, Spain or NEU in Boston, USA. You transfer to the partner university at the beginning of your third year and take courses such as Managerial Economics and Introduction to Operations Management. You will also undertake a six-month work placement in the country where you're studying, typically starting in the middle of your third year. In your final year, you can follow courses such as Strategic Management; Strategic Management 'Airline', and Ethical Responsibility in Business.
At the end of the four years, you will be awarded two degrees: BBA Hons from Lancaster and the corresponding degree of the partner university.
- Management and Information Technology (4 years including placement) : BSc Hons
- Business Studies : BSc Hons
- Business Studies (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Entrepreneurship (with Management) : BA Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy (Industrial Placement) : BSc Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Management : BBA Hons
- Management (Study Abroad) : BBA Hons
- European-American Management : BBA Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy : BSc Hons
- European Management (French) : BBA Hons
- European Management (German) : BBA Hons
- European Management (Italian) : BBA Hons
- European Management (Spanish) : BBA Hons
- Management Studies and European Languages : BA Hons