Studying Lancaster's combined Management Mathematics degree gives you the benefit of top-quality teaching in our Department of Management Science and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, where staff carry out world-leading research and many are actively involved with business and government organisations.
Your degree explores how Mathematics can be used to inform decision-making processes in business, industry and government. You will use mathematical and computer-based models alongside visual or verbal representations to analyse the development and application of solutions to real managerial problems.
You can choose from an extensive range of options, starting your degree with introductory courses covering Probability, Statistics, Management Science and Operational Research. In the second and third years you will develop your skills by taking modules from a wide range of core and optional modules including Stochastic Processes, Statistical Models, Bayesian Inference, Project Management and Consultancy Skills, Optimisation and Business Modelling and Simulation.
A four-year work-experience variant of this degree is also available: please indicate your proposed intention to take the work-experience variant in Section 3 of your UCAS application.
- Business Economics (Industry) : BSc Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : MSci Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics (North America) : MSci
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Mathematics : MSci Hons
- Mathematics (Study Abroad) : MSci Hons
- Mathematics with Statistics : BSc Hons / MSci Hons
- Mathematics with Statistics (Study Abroad) : MSci Hons
- Statistics : BSc Hons / MSci Hons
- Statistics (Study Abroad) : MSci Hons
- Computer Science and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Economics and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Financial Mathematics : BSc Hons
- French Studies and Mathematics : BA Hons
- German Studies and Mathematics : BA Hons
- Spanish Studies and Mathematics : BA Hons
- Mathematics and Philosophy : BA Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy (Industrial Placement) : BSc Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Business Analytics and Consultancy : BSc Hons
- Management Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Mathematics : BSc Hons