Our Pre-Medical Studies course is designed for students whose A level mix does not allow direct entry to Medicine, or whose circumstances affected their A level performance. It provides opportunities for students from a disadvantaged background or low achieving school or college as well as individuals who display a long term commitment to a career in medicine, for example mature students working in the NHS.
The course is designed to prepare you for successful entry to medical school and your subsequent career. Successful students on the course gain a Certificate in Higher Education.
There is the opportunity for selected students from this course to enter the first year of a medical degree at the University of Lancaster or Liverpool. Subsequent admission to the medical degree is dependent on academic performance on this course and a successful Medical School admissions interview. Currently interviews take place during the Lent term (May).
On this one-year course, students take a total of 15 modules covering a range of subjects including: Anatomy and Tissue Structure; Introduction to Biomedical Science; Genetics; Hormones and Development; Infection and Immunity, and Human Physiology.
- Biological Sciences : MSci Hons
- Pre-medical Studies : Certificate of Higher Education
- Biomedical Science : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology : BSc Hons
- Cell Biology (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biological Sciences with Biomedicine : BSc Hons
- Biology with Psychology : BSc Hons
- Biochemistry : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : BSc
- Biochemistry (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Biomedicine : MSci
- Biochemistry with Genetics : BSc Hons