Green Lancaster is a collaborative initiative run by Lancaster University and Lancaster University Students’ Union (LUSU) to:
- Provide a central forum for demonstrating and disseminating good sustainability practice.
- Engage the University community as a whole to encourage and embed sustainable behaviours.
- Facilitate the linking of teaching, research and practice, utilising the significant expertise within the University.
- Alter staff and students behaviours in order to reduce carbon emissions, energy and resource consumption associated with University activities and operations.
- Provide a student experience that promotes sustainability.
Want weekly updates? Sign up to our newsletter here for latest news, volunteering opportunities and everything in between.
Every other week during-term time, 11:00 – 14:00 at the Farmers’ Market in Alexandra Square
- Green Lancaster Team ‘themed’ market stalls focussing on food, waste, transport and energy issues.
Every Wednesday and Friday 13:00 - 15:00 at the EcoHub on Alexandra Park
The following cycling services are available at the weekly term-time market on Thursdays, 11:00-14:00, in Alexandra Square:
- Sales of reconditioned used bicycles at low prices
- Sales of cycling accessories such as lights, helmets and pumps
- Free Dr. Bike safety check and adjustments
- Bike repair work at discounted prices
If you’re interested in volunteering or going along to events in the local area about conservation and sustainability, here are some groups that do just that.