What might life be like in the post-pandemic world? What are the challenges we will face? How might we draw on knowledge and research in our disciplines to propose solutions and alternatives?
To take part in the writing competition we invite you to submit a 300-500 word post and 2-5 images on the theme ‘(Re)imagining the post-pandemic world’. For example, how has the pandemic had an impact on social inequalities? What will our working lives look like in the post-pandemic world? How has our engagement with social media changed during the pandemic and how might this evolve after the pandemic? Please see details below on how to enter:
30 prizes of £100 each will be awarded alongside a certificate of achievement for excellence and innovative thinking in your subject area.
The following criteria will be used to judge the posts submitted in the competition:
- Clear and engaging writing style. We welcome creative fiction, poetry and other forms of creative writing as well as more ‘conventional’ forms of social science and humanities scholarship.
- Critical understanding and engagement with relevant material in your subject area
- Originality in ideas and/or argument
How to enter
- Submit a 300-500 word blog post and 2-5 images on the theme ‘(Re)imagining the post-pandemic world’.
- The images must be either taken by the person submitting or must be copyright-free, with an indication of where they were obtained from (e.g. pixabay.com, pexels.com, unsplash.com)
- In your submission include a signed declaration form
- Include your name (in the same format as on your course application) and the name of the MA course that you have received an offer of a place on.
- Submit your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for entries is 5pm (GMT) 31st of May 2021.
This competition is open to all 2021-22 applicants who have accepted an offer to study at Lancaster University on one of the following 7 degrees:
- MA Sociology
- MA Social Research
- MA Media and Cultural Studies
- MA Environment, Culture and Society
- MA Gender and Women’s Studies
- MA Gender and Women’s Studies and English
- MA Gender and Women's Studies and Sociology