We have a rich programme of activities, both on campus and online. Explore our programme of workshops, exhibitions and other events.
Lancaster University Library
Scroll to content
A Library at the heart of Lancaster University's community, local and global. We connect, we innovate, we include.
Welcome to the library
The Library sits at the heart of the Lancaster University. The library building is located at the centre of the Bailrigg campus, providing a welcoming, open and inclusive place for library and university activity. Integrating our in-person provision with a strong digital presence extends the library's reach well beyond campus, so our resources, facilities and support are available wherever you are.
Our approach is based on a library vision Towards 2025, that expresses our firm commitment to be innovative and inclusive in all we do, and a desire to connect with and bring people together.
The library towards 2025
The library vision describes our ambitions for the five year period up to academic year 2025-26. It outlines our approach and commitments to providing a library that fully integrates digital and physical provision, connecting and partnering with our communities, taking innovative and sustainable approaches, and underpinning all we do by seeking to be inclusive and celebrating diversity.The Library Towards 2025
A look back at 2022
We've continued to make progress towards our Library vision for 2025. Here are some of our achievements in 2022:
- In February we announced members of the public and other community members can now join Lancaster University Library free of charge.
- We've continued to develop our support for researchers carrying out Systematic Literature reviews.
- We've hosted a range of School and College visits for students at all levels of study.
- We've continued to develop our Lancaster Digital Collection.
- We renovated our Post-graduate study space.
- We've continued to contribute to the research infrastructure of the university, including installing a SafePod in our Library.
- We've delivered a range of events and exhibitions, including our Library Festival.
- We became a member of Research Libraries UK, ensuring that our library plays a leading role in shaping the future of research libraries and the policies and cultures that surround them.
- Our Learning Development team won a National Teaching Excellence Award for its outstanding work in supporting the academic development of students.
- In November we were awarded the Outstanding Library Team Award at the Times Higher Education Awards.
Achievements and awards
We were rated the top university library of its kind by students in the 2022 National Student Survey.
The Library was invited to join Research Libraries UK in 2022. RLUK is a consortium of the most significant research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Our Learning Development team were awarded the prestigious Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence in 2022.
We received the Outstanding Library Team award in the Times Higher Education awards in 2022.
Explore the library
Find out how our Faculty Librarian and Learning Development teams support learning, including partnering with students, working with schools and independent online learning.
Find out how we support the University commitment to open research by partnering with researchers and supporting research activity.
Connect with us via social media and find out more about our partnership activities.