Low Carbon Innovation Forum
This six-month programme is designed for Lancashire Businesses seeking to address the challenges of the low carbon economy. This programme is open to Small and Medium-sized businesses and offers a space for SMEs to think about how their business can innovate, through a series of workshops, access to Masterclasses, an eco-innovation challenge and company visit.
The Low Carbon Innovation Forum provides Lancashire SMEs with a supportive space to put the Low Carbon agenda at the fore-front of business strategy. An ‘eco-innovation’ or ‘low carbon’ agenda could mean addressing how internal processes could work more efficiently to reduce energy usage. It could also mean innovating products or services which will reduce the use of carbon within the sector in which a business is operating. Ultimately, the aim of the programme is for businesses to produce a measurable reduction in the carbon footprint.
There is real incentive for SMEs to dedicate time to think about eco-innovation within their business, which could lead to:
- More efficient day-to-day processes
- Competitive advantage through the development of innovative products and services
- Cost saving ideas
Participants on this programme will:
- Share ideas through a trusted network of SMEs, who have a mutual understanding of the challenges facing directors and managers implementing a low carbon agenda
- Draw expertise from world-leading and award-winning areas of Lancaster University, through collaboration with the Lancaster University Management School and the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
- Learn the tools and techniques to take a fresh view of business practices whilst accelerating innovation to shape new products and develop new processes
- Experience how good practice looks through a site visit to a large company who has adopted a low-carbon economy
This programme is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Businesses must meet the ERDF criteria as below:
- Based in Lancashire
- Employ Fewer than 250 full-time employees
- Has an annual turnover less than £40 million
- Has received less than £160,000 of publicly funded support in the last 3 years
- Is business to business
- February 2018
Learn More and Apply
We're always happy to talk about how the Low Carbon Innovation Forum could benefit you. Please get in touch with us:
- Speak to our Business Liaison Officer Pete Cornwall on 01524 510728
- Email us with your query.