Anna SroginisPhD student
As a PhD student in Management Science at Lancaster University, I am working in the field of business forecasting. In particular, my current research focuses on judgmental adjustments of statistical forecasts. The common business practice is to judgmentally adjust statistical forecasts when experts have any additional information about forthcoming events. Using principles of behavioural psychology, I am analysing the decision-making process of experts when they make those interventions. The results of this research will allow to improve forecasting accuracy.
My main research interests are:
- Judgmental adjustments of statistical forecasts in business forecasting;
- Statistical forecasting methods and algorithms;
- Promotional forecasting;
- Forecasting Support Systems (FSS);
- Decision making and behavioural psychology.
MSCI381: Business Forecasting (Michaelmas)
MSCI212: Statistical Methods for Business (Michaelmas)
MSCI224: Techniques for Management Decision Making (Lent)
- Centre for Marketing Analytics & Forecasting