Scholarships and funding
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
The UK Government provides a postgraduate loan scheme for students undertaking Masters courses.
Non means-tested loans of up to £10,000 are made available to students applying to taught and research Masters courses*.
For more information, go to the main Lancaster University page.
LUMS programme scholarships
To help talented students meet the financial costs of undertaking a Masters degree, LUMS commits a substantial sum of money in scholarships to help outstanding applicants who want to study on one of our programmes. Typically we award at least £1m in scholarships each year.
The awards are made by each individual programme, and are allocated on a rolling basis, so it is advisable to make your application as early in the year as possible to maximise your chances of receiving an award.
Who is eligible?
We have scholarships for UK, EU and international students.
To find out more about what each programme is offering, see the scholarships page for the particular programmes you are interested in.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarships
The Alumni Scholarship scheme is available to all Lancaster University graduates who meet our eligibility criteria. We offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Masters programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; or Goenka Institution India) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all Lancaster Alumni, regardless of nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the programme entry requirements.
Chevening Masters Scholarships
From the academic year 2017/18, Lancaster University is offering five full scholarships for Masters study in partnership with Chevening, for applicants on courses including the MSc Economics and MSc Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Practice. Find out more about the Chevening Scholarships eligibility criteria.
* All of the Management School Masters programmes qualify for the Postgraduate Loan Scheme, except the Management (2 Year European Triple Degree) and the International Masters Programme for Managers.