Scholarships and funding
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
In November 2015 the UK Government confirmed that a new postgraduate loan scheme will be introduced for students commencing Masters courses in the 2016/17 academic year.
Non means-tested loans of up to £10,000 per year will be made available to students applying to taught and research Masters courses*. PhD students will be funded through a separate scheme.
Detailed eligibility criteria and information regarding the application process is expected early in 2016. Find out more on the main Lancaster University page.
LUMS programme scholarships
To help talented students meet the financial costs of undertaking a Masters degree, LUMS commits a substantial sum of money in scholarships to help outstanding applicants who want to study on one of our programmes. Typically we award at least £1m in scholarships each year.
The awards are made by each individual programme, and are allocated on a rolling basis, so it is advisable to make your application as early in the year as possible to maximise your chances of receiving an award.
Who is eligible?
We have scholarships for UK, EU and international students.
To find out more about what each programme is offering, see the scholarships page for the particular programmes you are interested in.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarships
The Alumni Scholarship scheme is available to all Lancaster University graduates who meet our eligibility criteria. We offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Masters programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; Goenka Institution India; or COMSATS Pakistan) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all Lancaster Alumni, regardless of nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the programme entry requirements.
These LUMS scholarships are designed to support students from specific regions applying for taught Masters programmes. The awards are made on the basis of outstanding academic achievement.
* All of the Management School Masters programmes qualify for the Postgraduate Loan Scheme, except the European Master in Management and the International Masters in Practicing Management.