On Lancaster's joint Criminology and Sociology degree you'll be taught by staff who are active researchers, known nationally and internationally for their cutting-edge criminological and sociological investigation.
You'll explore some of the most contentious issues in contemporary life, looking beyond traditional views to consider how our ideas about crime, justice, society and culture are shaped by history, economics, politics and ideology.
In your first year, you'll examine the fundamental concepts of both Criminology and Sociology. In your second and third years you can really shape the programme to reflect your own interests, choosing from a varied list of optional courses from both disciplines. These cover topics such as Hate Crime, Human Rights and the State; Cybercrime; Crime and the Media; Youth Justice; Terror; Race Relations and Social Change. You'll also have the opportunity to carry out independent research and apply your new skills to real-world examples.
- Business Economics (Industry) : BSc Hons
- Sociology : BA Hons
- Social Work : BA Hons
- Politics and Sociology : BA Hons
- Criminology and Sociology : BA Hons
- Media and Cultural Studies : BA Hons
- Law : LLB Hons
- Law (International) : LLB Hons
- European Legal Studies : LLB Hons
- Law and Politics : LLB Hons
- Criminology : BA Hons
- Law and Criminology : LLB Hons
- Organisation Studies and Sociology : BA Hons
- Film and Sociology : BA Hons
- Religious Studies and Sociology : BA Hons