Lancaster's MIT degree has been created in partnership with business professionals to give you the ability to apply IT to business situations, evaluate technical knowledge and confidently take on project and team management in IT-related business scenarios.
You will gain an understanding of the concepts, debates and issues in the areas of change management, project management, Information Technology management and Information Systems development. The programme has been designed in partnership with e-skills UK - the government IT and telecoms skills council - as part of their IT Management for Business undergraduate degree initiative (ITMB). It is supported by over 70 employers including BA, BT, Deloitte, Accenture, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, P&G, Morgan Stanley, Xerox, Peugeot, Land Rover, Glaxo and Unilever.
The degree includes a one-year industry placement. E-skills UK support us in finding placements among employers who endorse the programme.
You'll begin your degree with the study of core modules that include Management and Organisation; Disciplinary Perspectives of Information Systems; Software Development, and Information Systems.
In your second year, you'll move on to compulsory subjects such as Introduction to Financial Accounting for Managers; Management and IT; Managing People; Managing Change; Developing Business Information Systems, Business Analysis, and our revised IT Service Management module. These modules are also available for your final year of study. You can then choose your options from across the Management School and the School of Computing and Communications. You'll spend your third year in industry on placement.
- Business Economics (Industry) : BSc Hons
- Organisation Studies and Psychology : BA Hons
- Computer Science : BSc Hons
- Computer Science Innovation : BSc Hons / MSci Hons
- Computer Science (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Computer Science (with Industrial Experience) : MSci Hons
- Software Engineering (with Industrial Experience) : MSci
- Software Engineering : BSc Hons
- Computer Science and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- IT for Creative Industries (with Industrial Experience) : MSci Hons
- Management and Information Technology (4 years including placement) : BSc Hons
- French Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- German Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- Spanish Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- Communication Systems and Electronics : BEng Hons
- Communication Systems and Electronics (with Industrial Experience) : MEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : BEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : MEng Hons
- Management and Organisation : BA Hons
- Management and Organisation (Study Abroad) : BA Hons
- Management and Organisation (Human Resource Management) : BA Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Computer Science : BSc Hons
- Organisation Studies and Sociology : BA Hons